Thursday, February 9, 2012

Don't be afraid! (Jeremiah 1:17-19)

Jeremiah 1:17-19

New International Version (NIV)
 17 “Get yourself ready! Stand up and say to them whatever I command you. Do not be terrified by them, or I will terrify you before them. 18 Today I have made you a fortified city, an iron pillar and a bronze wall to stand against the whole land—against the kings of Judah, its officials, its priests and the people of the land. 19 They will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the LORD. 

I love these verses. I hear a lot about Jeremiah 29:11, which an awesome verse, but I like the first chapter of Jeremiah best. It's seriously encouraging and just amazing for me. I struggle a lot with my confidence and my abilities. But these verses, and all of chapter 1 basically tell me that it's not about what I can do, rather what the God that's working through me can do.

When you think of the things you can do with God behind you, a whole new world of possibilities opens up. Nothing is impossible with God. And if he's working behind you, nothing, no one, no body, no being, no anything, can stop you.
So don't be afraid! You have no reason to! Like the picture says: "Don't be afraid of anyone. Instead, make THEM afraid of your God.

Have a great day and God bless! :D

4 comments:

  1. Hey! awesomeness awesome. :DDDD I'm following you now! Sorry I didn't earlier, everytime I get on the computer my head totally blanks out of everything I was meaning to do. so frustrating?! haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahha thanks!! :D and bahahahaha, I know what you mean xP

      Delete
  2. So true! Keep up the great posts! :)

    ReplyDelete