Thursday, March 1, 2012

Some awesome Christian blogs

Heyyy! Sorry I disappeared for a few days. I've been a little busy. Anyway, I'm back and I have a lot of stuff to share with you guys. 

First of all, I am now a part of this awesome new blog called Agape!! 
It's made up for four people, the other bloggers being Matthew, (writes the LCWYM blog) Paul, (writes the Christaholic: The God Addiction blog) and Courtney. (writes the We R 3G blog). 
The blog based off of Luke 10:27: And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.” (ESV)
We each do different parts. Courtney covers loving Christ with you strength, Paul covers loving him with your heart, Matthew covers the mind and I cover the soul. 
It's all about the unconditional love we should have for God, because he has it for us. That's what "Agape" means, it's the Greek word for unconditional love.
So yeah, check it out! Agape is destined for great things! :D


There are also some other blogs/blog post I want you to check out too!

  • This first post is called "Grievances" from another AWESOME christian blog called "Joyful". Here is the preview of the post. 

"My brothers and sisters, you aren't alone. I grieve as well, we all do.. no matter what it may be that we grieve. As individuals, we all grieve different things at different times. Each of our hearts cries out for something that once was and is no more, whether it be a friendship, a love, a lost family member, and point in time.. whatever it may be, we grieve. And just now as I sit here and type these words do I realize that it's not wrong to do so.
A heavy heart is a heart that works.

But in the midst of the heaviness, in the midst of grievances, is where we find growth. A Jewish proverb states: "What way can God enter but through a broken heart?"
When we fall on our knees in front of Him, with empty hands and heavy hearts.. that's when He works. That's when He molds us, and shapes us, and tinkers away at our human hearts.
And when we look back, we smile with satisfaction. We see the way that His hands carried us along, and never left us. We see the growth.. and we count it all as beautiful."
   
She is really deep and real wither her posts, and through her God has really spoke to me and touched my heart. And I'm sure that by reading her blog, God can do the same for you too. So check it out!!


Here's a part of it.

"... Enemies will come in and out of our lives until we take our last breath on this Earth. So it is extremely important that we handle battles the right way, God’s way. We have to breakdown our fearful and vengeful will by surrendering to God’s will. It’s an easy two step process: Depart and kneel. Once we depart from the battle/enemy, we let God know that He is in control. Lastly, when we begin to kneel/pray to God, we no longer just let God know He’s in control, we put God in control. Blessing the Lord at ALL TIMES, means EVERY OUTCOME. So surrendering is simply trusting God no matter the outcome. ..."

Kieya, (the writer) is pretty amazing and powerful with here style and the messages she spreads through her blog! Just this post on its own is amazing. She's really compelling is God is using her also through her blog. So go read it!!!


  • The last blog I want you to check out is LCWYM. It is written by Matthew, and stands for Loving Christ With Your Mind. He uses this blog to show the scientific and archaeological evidence backing up the bible as being the authentic Word of God. 
Here's a part of one of his posts.


 ".. Science, at the time of when the book of Hebrews was being written, was unknowledgeable about the subject of atoms. What if I told you that the Bible knew about atoms, molecules, etc.? In Hebrews 11 verse 3, this is what is stated:"By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible." I posted this on an iPhone app called instagram and it was refuted by an atheist. He told me that "Things which are seen were not made of things which are visible" is talking about how the author believed that everything was created by an invisible God. Well, that description doesn't go along with the verse. I'll explain. If the second use of the word "things"is being used to describe God, that would be a confession of polytheism. The early Christians were strict monotheists (and Christians still are) so this explanation does not fit. Also, throughout the Bible, words referring to God would be capitalized. If the atheist on instagram is right about his interpretation of the verse, than the second appearance of the word "things" should be capitalized. Therefore, the right conclusion is that "things which are seen were not made of things which are visible"is talking about things that can be seen are made up of invisible atoms."

Pretty awesome right? That is what his whole blog is about. So check that out too you have time! God is really using him and his blog to strengthen our fellow Christians, including me. So yeah! 


The last thing I want to share with you guys is this song. It's called "Right here" by Ashes Remain. It's really powerful, deep, and real. As you listen to the lyrics, try to picture Jesus speaking instead of the singer. That's what the whole song is about.


Sorry about the average-ish quality. But it's the words that matter more than the sound anyway. (even though the acoustic guitar basically owns this song)

[Lyrics]
I can see every tear you’ve cried
Like an ocean in your eyes
All the pain and the scars have left you cold

I can see all the fears you face
Through a storm that never goes away
Don’t believe all the lies that you’ve been told

I’ll be right here now 
to hold you when the sky falls down
 I will always 
be the one that took your place

When the rain falls, I won’t let go
I’ll be right here

I will show you the way back home
Never leave you all alone
I will stay until the morning comes

I’ll show you how to live again
And heal the brokenness within
Let me love you when you come undone

I’ll be right here now 
to hold you when the sky falls down
I will always 
be the one that took your place

When the rain falls, I won’t let go
I’ll be right here

When day break seems so far away

Reach for my hand

When hope and peace begin to fade
Still I will stay

Right here now 
to hold you when the sky falls down
I will always
 be the one that took your place

When the rain falls I won’t let go

When the rain falls I won’t let go

I’ll be right here

That's all I have for now. Have a great day and God bless! :D


5 comments:

  1. Cool post! I'll be sure to check out those other blogs :)
    As for the song, I really needed to hear that today. Thanks so much! God Bless :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just God working through me :)God bless you too! :D

      Delete
  2. Aww thank you Langston!! I checked out the Agape blog! It's amazing, can't wait to read more from you all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! :) and thanks! We we're going to start writing our posts soon so it won't be a long wait :P :D

      Delete
  3. Feel free to check out my blog. www.cardeologist.com (A Blog of a Courageous Father). It is a Christian Blog.

    ReplyDelete