Friday, August 31, 2012

I begged God, "I just want one good friend."

In today's social media world, "friends" come and go with each passing day. We collect vast numbers and mass communicate with them via a keypad. In many ways they are just names in a directory.Having true friends is much more complicated, especially during those critical school years. Doug Bender's perceived lack of friends growing up greatly impacted his life. In his I am Second film, Doug remembers the scarring that took place during his search for friends, and how he finally discovered the key to understanding friendship. -description of the video, from iamsecond.com

I'm trying to start this thing where I post something every Friday. It doesn't have to be much, just something Christ-centered I can share with you guys. This blog needs to get back to it's usual consistency. (Maybe call it Feature Friday? xP)

Anyways, today I want to share with you this amazing video, and testimony from I am Second.

The person in the video is Doug Bender. His story is similar to a lot of ours, I believe. Feeling worthless, alone, and just unloved and even hating yourself; almost everyone can relate to that, including me. Especially us younger people. That's one of the things that makes Doug's testimony special, along with what God does to rock his world. It's really amazing, and I'm praying that you'll watch it, and take what he says to heart.

Have a great day, and God bless!


For more from I am Second, either check out their website, iamsecond.com; or scroll down this page and watch some of their videos via widget. (it's embedded in the space under the comments) Have an epic weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I hpe you continue to post more! :)
    think I've seen this video before because the title of the post sounds familiar. anyways cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an amazining story! Kinda makes me think of some people I need to start reaching out to. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope I do too. :P and yeah!

    And no problem! It's all God. And it is very amazing. It really shows how much God can use our actions to help change others' lives. Very awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to see you're back!!!!! Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete