Friday, September 28, 2012

Tiredness. Bleh.

The past couple days, I've felt tired. Not a physical tiredness, but a spiritual one. It was like a big, annoying, energy-sucking cloud kept hovering over my head. Or someone pulled the plug from my connection to God. Or something began interfering with my spiritual radio..I don't know. But I felt drained and confused, like my spiritual vision was blurred. I can't tell you exactly what it was, but I imagine a lot of you guys out there feel the same way at times.

So whenever you feel drained, confused, weary or depressed; whether it's spiritually, physically, emotionally, or whatever; try checking out these verses. They destroyed whatever fatigue or evil spirit that was bringing me down, and they can do the same for you. 


Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

28 “Come to Me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 All of you, take up My yoke and learn from Me, because I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for yourselves. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”


New International Version (NIV)

29 He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.


Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

13 I am able to do all things through Him who strengthens me.

English Standard Version (ESV)

28 Have you not known? Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He does not faint or grow weary;
his understanding is unsearchable.
29 He gives power to the faint,
and to him who has no might he increases strength.
30 Even youths shall faint and be weary,
and young men shall fall exhausted;
31 but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not faint.


Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

6 A voice was saying, “Cry out!”
Another said, “What should I cry out?”
“All humanity is grass,
and all its goodness is like the flower of the field.
7 The grass withers, the flowers fade
when the breath of the Lord blows on them;
indeed, the people are grass.
8 The grass withers, the flowers fade,
but the word of our God remains forever.”


English Standard Version (ESV)

33 For God is not a God of confusion but of peace. ...



New International Version (NIV)

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.



New International Version 1984 (NIV1984)

2 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

Have a great day, and God bless. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment