Thursday, January 17, 2013

I Am Second- Christian Hosoi

I'm currently doing this devotional book called "Live Second: 365 Ways to Make Jesus First." Its by the awesome Christian organization known as I Am Second, and each week, the book features a different I am Second video--via barcode--to start off that week. I've featured I am Second videos on here before, and they're both extremely inspiring and encouraging. I love them because they remind me that our God is still at work in this world today, just as active as He was in Bible times. I think a lot of you guys need to know that; so I'm going to start sharing these videos again: hopefully at least one a week. We shall see how this works out. xP

Anyway, here's this week's video: Christian Hosoi and why he's Second.
How hard do you have to fall and hit rock bottom before you make the decision to stop doing whatever it is that is satisfying you on the outside, but killing you on the inside? Christian Hosoi, an All-American professional skateboarder, lived by the creed, “Skate and Destroy.” While he found his calling in skating at an early age, he also found himself in the midst of destruction. “I was trying to destroy myself because I was searching for love in money, fame and girls. None of it satisfied me.”
Hosoi had fame. He had money. He had it all but it was all taken. It took him losing it all to realize that freedom was not in material possessions. It had nothing to do with the cares of this world. He realized who and where freedom really was: in Christ.[1]



Thoughts? Like? Feedback? COMMENT. xP

God bless you guys and have a great day! :]



1. "The Story" -Christian Hosoi - I am Second. http://www.iamsecond.com/seconds/christian-hosoi/

2 comments: