Friday, January 25, 2013

I Am Second- Jim Munroe

"I had to die in order for a chance to live."

 Jim entered college with a skepticism about life.  The idea of God seemed “silly”.  He poured his life into a successful career in magic where a lot of his skepticism was confirmed. There really are “trap doors” and “smoke and mirrors.”  But despite doubts, radical things were happening in Jim’s life to turn his world upside down.  And then, just when he thought he had it all figured out: Leukemia.  When faced with the choices of how to proceed, Jim knew his best chance of living was to allow himself to die first.  Chemotherapy to destroy blood cells. New blood to replace his own.  Yet how could he allow himself to endure the agony?  And why was this happening?[1]
Here is this week's I Am Second video: Jim Munroe. :]




What did you get out of this film? How does this video change/confirm what you think about God and how He works? How does Jim's story impact you?
 Comment! We don't bite . . . that hard. xP

Have a great day and God bless. :]

1. "The Story" -Jim Munroe - I Am Second. http://www.iamsecond.com/seconds/jim-munroe/

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is awesome!

    I love when he talked about praying, but not really wanting God's answer. I've definitely done that before. Maybe I need to come to peace with some of the answers that God has given me...

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, I think that applies to all of us. :]

      And yes, it is quite awesome. xD

      No problem! Thank you for commenting!!

      Delete