Friday, May 17, 2013

Let Your Love Be Strong | Now Playing

Switchfoot is one of my favorite bands--both for their sound and their creative songwriting. Their sound is energetic and fun, but can just as easily go to slow and melodic when the song calls for it. However, what really captures me with them and their music are the lyrics. Unlike a lot of mainstream bands, Switchfoot puts a lot of work into their verses and words: the underlying foundation of each and every lyrical song. Let Your Love Be Strong is a breathtaking example of this. The poetic metaphors, powerful yet fluid lyrics and the soft but undeniable accompaniment of the drums, bass and acoustic guitar make this song ring in your mind long after it's done playing. It's one of my favorite songs on their sixth album Oh! Gravity. and one of my favorites by the band in general.

So anyway, here it is! Have a great day and God bless. I hope this song can encourage you as it did me.
 
[if the video doesn't come up or you're reading via email, click here]
In this world of news, I've found nothing new
I've found nothing pure
Maybe I'm just idealistic to assume that truth
Could be fact and form
That love could be a verb
Maybe I'm just a little misinformed

As the dead moon rises, and the freeways sigh
Let the trains watch over the tides and the mist
Spinning circles in our skies tonight
Let the trucks roll in from Los Angeles
Maybe our stars are unanimously tired

Let your love be strong, and I don't care what goes down
Let your love be strong enough to weather through the thunder cloud
Fury and thunder clap like stealing the fire from your eyes
All of my world hanging on your love

Let the wars begin, let my strength wear thin
Let my fingers crack, let my world fall apart
Train the monkeys on my back to fight
Let it start tonight
When my world explodes, when my stars touch the ground
Falling down like broken satellites

Let your love be strong, and I don't care what goes down
Let your love be strong enough to weather through the thunder cloud
Fury and thunder clap like stealing the fire from your skies
All of that I am hanging on
All of my world resting on your love
You can find Switchfoot on Twitter, FB, Youtube, and on their site switchfoot.com.
God bless! :]

3 comments:

  1. I love Switchfoot. Some of my favorite songs from them are "The War Inside" and "Mess of Me" because they so apply to my life and I believe, all of humanity - one (if not our greatest) of the greatest enemies we face is the flesh nature inside.

    -Leah Kathryn
    apassionatafortheking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! They're very good at portraying that and getting their messages across through their music. A few of my favorites by them are "Always", "Hello Hurricane", "Awakening" and "Needle and Haystack Life".

      Thanks for commenting! :]

      Delete